Thursday, November 24, 2011

"FILM" Tacita Dean

The first thing I found out about the movie was that she herself was very passionate about her work and that it is in a way very very personal. When I already knew that I examined the film from a different ankle and tried to more understand her and why she especially used these images, try to understand her world. She says that film is a visual poem and she lets the material's intrinsic magic to be her guide. She always works alone letting the solitude to inspire her. I think thats why her film for me seems like her contemplation or a glimpse into another persons inner world. I think for me the images create different connections than for her or every other human being. I liked the most how the film was presented, the size of it and the darkness. It created a whole different level to the film- in a way united the people who had come to see the big glowing mix of images, regardless what exactly did they think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment